Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Las Penas con Pan Son Menos

I have been feeling about as close to normal as can be expected and I have returned to work. It was nice to have some of my coworkers notice that I have already lost a little weight. I'm not certain how much as I have never owned a scale. I did order one last week so that I can start keeping track of my progress. The trouble with feeling "normal" is that my brain wants to go back to normal eating. I wake up thinking of wonderful breakfasts, smokey bacon and perfect eggs or my mother's chorizo and potato tacos on fresh, hot and fluffy tortillas. It is important to remember that in spite of this life alerting surgery that gives you physical limitations on what you can eat the emotional desires that were there preoperatively still exist in your brain.

For instance, my finance's brother died suddenly last night. Unfortunately this marks the 2nd sibling she's lost in less than 30 days. Naturally she was upset and I got a little anxious and we had a little pesto and a fresh loaf of French bread in the house and I ate emotionally. It wasn't long before I had a painful knot in my chest that eventually came up and out. I have to learn to avoid emotional eating especially this early in the game. I've been very fortunate thus far this has been my first and hopefully last incident and not other ill side effects. I did get news that my scale arrived this afternoon so a weigh in is in order.

No comments: